Competitions Programs in Classical Styles and Street Styles
Boogaloo Academy’s Competition Programs offer incredible learning experiences, community building and other opportunities above and beyond regular recital classes.
Competition Group Details
• Our Competition programs are for students who can make the extra time commitment to classes and performance opportunities; love to perform and want to be challenged.
• Our goal is to offer extra training and a fun professional dance experience to all students who are passionate and committed to dance.
• Our mandatory 5 class curriculum is geared to advancing technique and performance skills. Students will be competing against dancers that are in other professional training programs, therefore it is important that all students in competition group have more intensive training.
• Competition season is usually April through May and often fall during school hrs.
• Each competition class will do 1-2 competition numbers to be entered in a minimum of 2 competitions.
• Group competition fee is $70 per dancer for two entries, which is due upon registration. Solos and Duos are priced differently and payment will be due upon signing up for that competition.
• Competition costumes will be $90 per competition number. All costume fees must be submitted upon registration.
• Competition dancers will be invited to perform during the year. School Hour shows will be kept to a minimum.
Hip Hop competition group students must enrol in the competition group Hip Hop class, and 4 other classes of which two choices can be in the classical styles.
Jazz competition group students must take two Jazz classes, two Ballet classes, and one other class in classical or street style.
Company A is made up of all the competition dancers. We encourage all dancers to enroll in this class as one of their choices. It is a two hour class for the price of one.
If you are unable to commit to competitions and extra performancesm, competition group may not be for you.